Felines need a lot of attention when it comes in choosing the best meal for them. Hence, keep in mind that you must look for the best dry cat food should maintain a good healthy diet.
Some feline food names offer a wide variety of products for every need, which can make it difficult to choose. Unless you have a thorough knowledge of your cat’s nutritional needs it is easier to know what’s best for them.
However, if you are looking for a dry cat food for your feline here’s a guide for you.
- LET US GET STARTED IN CHOOSING THE BEST DRY CAT FOOD
- WHY CHOOSE DRY FOOD THAN WET FOOD?
- WHAT ARE CAT’S BASIC NUTRITIONAL NEEDS
- WHAT TO LOOK FOR ON THE LABEL
- WHAT TO AVOID WHEN BUYING A DRY FOOD FOR A CAT
- Hill’s Science Diet Sensitive Stomach And Skin Dry Cat Food
- Taste of the Wild Grain-Free High Protein Real Meat Recipe Premium Dry Cat Food
- Wellness Core Natural Grain-Free Dry Cat Food Indoor Chicken & Turkey
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain Free, Natural Adult Dry Cat Food, Chicken
- BUY NOW
- Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food
- WORDS OF WISDOM
LET US GET STARTED IN CHOOSING THE BEST DRY CAT FOOD
The first step you have to know is giving your cat the best dry food possible.
A good non-liquid meal for your feline must be rich in protein. Also, keep in mind, the meal that you choose should be excellent if it informs all the essential amino acid that your cat needs.
As a feline owner, never purchase a brand of cat food that has additives and artificial food coloring.
Lastly, you have to understand the needs of your cats. Look for better brands and know all its ingredients. In this way, you can help your cat out.
WHY CHOOSE DRY FOOD THAN WET FOOD?
We are lucky enough to have a large choice of different cat foods but how do you decide between feeding wet or dry?
Is there a quality difference or is it down to individual preference?
Let us take a with the difference of these two foods.
Wet food contains a high content of water. Wherein, it means that as an owner you have to feed your cat more often than the usual. However, wet food is good for felines who are suffering from urinary tract infection.
But the downside, it is easier to spoil. Make sure to look after your wet cat food, compared to dry food, it will only last for a day.
While let us know more about dry food.
Many cats and their owners loved dry cat food. Knowing that this type of food is easy to store and can mix to wet food. Wherein, it will help you offer more diverse diet for your cat.
It is also a very convenient way to feed as dry food can be left down, even in warmer weather where wet food might attract insects.
Also, the good thing about dry food you can use toys to feed up your cat in this way, it a great type of food for preventing mealtime boredom for your cats. You can also use dry food as extra training treats if necessary.
In addition, dry food is good to help the overall dental health of your cat. This type of food is helpful in reducing tooth tar compared to pets fed on wet food.
Lastly, dry food is cheaper than wet food.
If you take a look, there are pros and cons and cons for both wet and dry food and many owners choose to feed a mixture of both. However, the power is in your hand.
Whatever you decide to feed, try to ensure that you pick the food that tells you exactly what’s in it. Make sure to purchase a meal brand that is nutritionally complete.
WHAT ARE CAT’S BASIC NUTRITIONAL NEEDS
- Protein from a named meat, fish, or poultry source
- Taurine, an essential amino acid
- Certain other vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and fatty acids
Keep in mind that cats do not need carbohydrates. Also, there are fillers like corn, wheat, and rice in some of the dry food.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR ON THE LABEL
- When looking for the right food that will suit your cat’s taste buds, look for “Complete and Balanced,” as evidenced by that wording on the label.
- Look on the named protein source, such as chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef. Be cautious in looking at the ingredients of a chosen brand.
- Be particular with the ingredients. Keep in mind that protein should be the first listed ingredient.
- Always check the expiration date, wherein it will help you to know if it is still fresh.
WHAT TO AVOID WHEN BUYING A DRY FOOD FOR A CAT
- Never buy dry food that ha words such as “By-products,” “meat and bone meal,” “animal digest,” most other descriptions including “digest” or added sugars.
- Be cautious to look at the added chemical preservatives. Including BHA, BHT, ethoxyquin, and propyl gallate
- Avoid buying a product that has a cornmeal as filler.
- Excess of carbohydrate “fillers” (Dry food can contain as much as 50 percent grain). That’s why it is important to look for a product that is a grain-free meal.
Keep in mind that your cat will always trust you when it comes to the food they eat. Hence, always choose what is best for them.
With the help of research and studies, we’ve made we have found these top 5 best and healthy dry cat food brands you can choose.
Hill’s Science Diet Sensitive Stomach And Skin Dry Cat Food
Why you’ll love it: If you love to give your cat with a precise and balanced nutrition this is the one that you are looking for. Wherein, it is a food perfect for felines who have sensitive skin and stomach.
This brand has process well and has been top-picked for being one of the high-quality products that you can buy for your cat. You will love it as a cat owner as well, due to its safe content.
- You would love this brand as well as it has a clinically proven antioxidant blend with vitamins C + E to help support a healthy immune system.
- Also, it has been an all natural ingredient plus with vitamins and amino acids which, I think this has been what we are really looking for.
- All of its ingredients are of the highest quality for dry food such as real chicken, lamb or salmon protein.
This natural cat food is made with high quality, easy-to-digest ingredients, plus vitamins, minerals and amino acids, with no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. If you have an older cat at home, then this has been top recommended for them.
Though you might love to have this for your cat, it can only ship within the United States and not readily to other locations. Also, the downside is you must be 18 and over before you can buy this product.
I believed that our cat needs protein in their diet, that is why Hill’s dry pet foods have quality protein as the primary ingredient and give clinically proven antioxidant advantages.
Why you’ll love it: If you want something different for your cat, yet protein-rich and limited carbohydrates this is the right brand for you!
We know that our cats want real food, hence this taste of the wild grain-free wants to help us to give the natural evolutionary diet for wild cats.
As a cat owner, we all know that there are a lot of available brands in the market. However, if you want a formula that will meet the nutritional needs of your cat in all life stages, then this could suit your feline’s taste.
- It has roasted venison and smoked salmon that is rich in optimal amino acid. This is also known as the “biologically appropriate diet” for your cat.
- This brand is loaded with a real meat limited carbohydrates that will mimic my cat’s natural diet.
- Due to its fresh meat content, it will help our cat to develop a stronger muscle as they grow.
- Fruits and vegetables are one of its best ingredients for being known for its good antioxidant. And for better skin and coat, our cat might need this brand as it has a good fatty acid blend.
- The Taste of the Wild Grain-Free is highly recommended as it made with no grain, corn, wheat, filler, artificial food coloring, and additives.
Our cat will love it due to its good content of nutrient-rich and highly digestible with proprietary probiotics that survive and thrive in the Gi Tract. Also, good news for all of us who are cat owners. This is a budget-friendly cat food. For as low as 9 dollars you can purchase a 5lbs of bags.
You have to keep in mind that though you might want this for your cat, it is only served in selected locations. It can only ship in the US, excluding Hawaii and Alaska. And there will be an appropriate sales tax charge in NY, NJ, and NV.
I have trusted this brand when it comes to its good content of antioxidant. That is why, rest assured, that this brand came from trusted and sustainable sources around the world. And, it is highly recommended as it made with no grain, corn, wheat, filler, artificial food coloring, and additives.
Wellness Core Natural Grain-Free Dry Cat Food Indoor Chicken & Turkey
The Wellness brand is a unit of several products manufactured by WellPet, LLC. Wherein, all of its goods are formulated to develop a holistic and natural approach to pet nutrition.
The foods manufactured from this brand were formulated by animal nutritionists and veterinarians to provide the ideal balance ingredients.
- If your cat is still a kitten, then this one is the perfect one for you. It helps to maintain our cat’s energy and dietary fiber.
- This is rich in animal protein, limited in carbohydrates and grain-free.
- All of its ingredients were focused on premium proteins such as chicken, turkey, duck, salmon, venison, and lamb.
- Rest assured that this is an all natural product as it made with no additive, food coloring, preservatives, wheat, corn, soy, and meat by-products.
If you want to give your cat an all natural grain-free cat food that is made with premium proteins. Like, novel proteins like venison and duck. All of its recipes are supplemented with probiotics for healthy digestion. You also have the power to have a decent selection of products to choose from.
There is this saying, high-quality products come at a high expense. Yes, this is a fairly expensive product from Wellness core. Dry food costs upwards of $3 per pound. Also, as an owner be more cautious about your cat’s health. Some recipes contain common proteins that may trigger food allergies in some cats like fish and chicken.
It will help our cats to have a long and balanced life due to its safe content.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain Free, Natural Adult Dry Cat Food, Chicken
- This brand has a great feature of real meat ingredient. Hence, it won’t be difficult to feed it to your dear feline.
- The products from this brand are well known for their high-quality and natural resources of fiber. Wherein, it will be a great help to provide optimal nutrients absorption and digestive health.
- It also has an ingredient rich in an optimal balance omega 3 and 6, that is helpful in providing a good wellness in your cat’s skin and coat.
- The good thing about this brand is you can make a different kind of served meal to your cat. You can add warm water and mix to fully release flavors and aroma. It will be then a good way to entice your cat to eat and enjoy the meal you prepare.
All ingredients used in Blue Buffalo Wilderness are clinically proven. It means that all the recipes in a bag are all safe for your cat.
Like other products, this brand can be only shipped inside the United States.
I choose to provide them with superior nutrition plus a unique nutrient and antioxidant package specifically formulated for their needs.
Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food
Why you’ll love it: If you are looking for a product that will be perfect for your adult cat, Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition is the top pick product for you. It offers an all natural way to help your indoor cat improve their overall health and diet.
This has been my latest brand that I offer to my cats. Especially all my cats live indoors, hence I have found that this is the right one for them.
- I have noticed that when my cats started eating this dry food from this brand it actually helped them to develop good fur.
- Royal Canin brand will be a helping hand for you to have a better understanding of your cat’s needs.
Odor reduction – With the help of this brand, improved digestibility of the food in your cat’s gastrointestinal tract may contribute to smaller and less foul smelling feces.
Dental Health: Specific nutrients can help to trap calcium in the mouth, not allowing it to attach to the teeth and contribute to the formation of tartar.
Manages Hairballs: A combination of different types of fibers that encourages intestinal transit and helps to facilitate the elimination of the hair your cat swallows every day.
Compared to all similar products, this brand could be the one that you are looking for.
The down part of this brand is that it cannot be shipped outside the United States. And there are ingredients that can trigger your cat’s allergies, so make sure to know more about this one.
This brand compared to other brands have perfect nutritional needs for your cats.
WORDS OF WISDOM
If you are going to notice, all of my suggested brands are all-natural brands. I have suggested brands that are with no additives because I believed that our cats don’t only deserve what is delicious but most importantly, their overall health is what really matters
Learn from the expert. Keep in mind that it is better to read and research before buying such a brand.
Especially that there are a lot of dry cat food brands available in the market, so do what you have to do. Know each brand you want to choose, in this way you can be a hero for your cat.